Complaints Procedure

Carers FIRST works hard to ensure that our services are of the highest standard but occasionally problems can arise.

If you are unhappy about our services, please let us know.

You can contact us at:

Carers FIRST 
Michael Gill Building
4 Tolgate Lane

If we cannot resolve your complaint immediately, you can make a formal complaint. 

Formal Complaint Procedure

1st Stage: If you wish to make a formal complaint, write to the Chief Executive at Carers FIRST. An official complaints form can be found here.
Receipt of your complaint will be acknowledged within a week.
It will then be investigated and a written reply sent to you, normally within four weeks of the receipt of your written complaint.

2nd Stage: If the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may put your complaint to the Trustees.  A panel consisting of three Trustees will review your complaint and make a recommendation to the Chief Officer.

3rd Stage: In the event that the matter is still not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled to have your complaint reviewed by a panel of three people approved by Social Services. The panel will review the complaint and make a recommendation to the Trustees and the Chief Officer. 
You are entitled to attend both meetings in the 2nd and 3rd stage, with a supporter or advisor if you wish, and give written and/or oral statements to support your views.


In the event of the complainant still not being satisfied with the recommendations of the board, then this will exhaust all relevant stages within Carers FIRST.


Safeguarding complaints will be referred to the appropriate Safeguarding Authority.

The Safeguarding Adults Policy and Standards Manager

For Medway:

Principal Officer for Safeguarding Adults
Medway Council Children and Adults Directorate
Level 4 Gun Wharf
Dock Road
Kent ME4 4TR

For Kent:

The Safeguarding Adults Policy and Standards Manager
Kent County Council
Social Services Headquarters
4th Floor Invicta House
County Road
Kent ME14 1XX

For Lincolnshire:

Adults: Customer Service Centre (CSC) on 01522 782155.

Child or Young Adult under the age of 18 years: Children Services CSC on 01522 782111.

Outside office hours contact the Emergency Duty Team on 01522 782333.

For Waltham Forest:

Contact Waltham Forest Council: 020 8496 3000
Safeguarding Adults team: .


Further outside bodies:

The Local Government Ombudsman

PO Box 4771
Coventry CV4 0EH

Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Newcastle upon Tyne